Sunday, September 6, 2009

2 legs, 8 legs, 20 different directions.

Lordy, I don't know about you but I have had a heckuva couple of weeks. I didn't need to look up in the sky to know it was a full moon! Preparing for the debut of our new Hot Loops wall is always chaotic. We have 16 people knitting 16 samples, plus all of the yarn and patterns to coordinate and format, plus food, drinks, door prizes, party favors...aak! Plus then there is my ad agency career, back to school craziness (carpool was invented by the devil), my hubby and my own Hot Loops knitting. What's a girl to do?

On Friday, I ran in the door, shouted "HowdyHowWasYourDay?" to the kids, and had 2 minutes to dress for a mixed doubles tennis match. I played the match, won (thanks to a great partner) and rushed home. Only then did I realize I was wearing two different shoes - one was two years older than the other:

My life has been about as "common" as this "Common Garden Spider" that we discovered in our backyard. You can't tell, but this sucker is about 4 inches in diameter:

The only thing creepier than this guy is that we found a second one on the other side of the yard. Anyone remember the movie "Arachnaphobia"?

Um, exactly when will the full moon start to wane?

Meanwhile I will try to embrace the chaos and appreciate the little things, like this pretty scarf yarn we just got in called Sitar:

Have you been looking at the fall fashion magazines? No outfit is complete without a scarf! Make sure that you and your loved ones are sporting hand-made scarves, not something that came out of a box from China.

We also got the new Offhand Bags for fall. These textiles are so stunning and I especially love the size and shape of the new styles. Here's an example:

Offhand also sent us a bonus Deluxe Needle Clutch in Foliage, which will be a door prize at the Hot Loops party on September 12th.

Have you reserved your spot yet? If not, call us at 742-9276 or email shelley@loopsknitting.com.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

4 Comments:

Blogger earthenvessel said...

Your common spider is an Argigope Aurantia. They're fabulous bug eaters, and their bite is said to be no worse than a bee sting. I've got one in my yard this year as well-- first one I've seen in the 5 years I've lived here-- and I saw a male with a web near hers for about a week... look for a tiny brown spider with a similar body shape.

Can't wait to see the new loops wall!

September 6, 2009 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

Yes, imagine my surprise when my husband found an article on this very spider in yesterday's Tulsa World! I guess we are lucky to have two bug eaters out here in the South Tulsa "country" - we also have a huge family of bats that live in our eaves. Very handy to have right next to your swimming pool - we hardly saw any mosquitoes all summer!

We are so excited to debut our new Hot Loops wall. Doing the photo shoot today...

September 6, 2009 at 6:14 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Maybe you have started a new fashion trend. Wearing two similar shoes :-) Thanks for warning me about the spider picture. So I didn't have to look at it. Not a fan of spiders even if they do eat bugs. Looking forward to the new wall.

September 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about us, dear. Your poor old father and wicked stepmother are just fine. Glad to see the bats have found a home and that the spider is sending little ones your way. We hope you will come and visit us sometime here at the old, creaky house on the hill. Maybe you will bring some of your "troops" along with you. Your Dad is so anxious to show off his new chainsaw. Love, Xanananadu

September 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home