Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Back Ribs Skirt.

That Terrie, she's done it again. She walked in wearing this rockin' skirt, completely color-coordinated with her tights, jacket and boots (who else has chartreuse tights in her wardrobe?) and I just had to have that skirt. As luck would have it, I can have it - because it is Terrie's own design!



The unique rib pattern so perfectly slimmed and shaped her, you know, back. So I decided the perfect name would be...Baby Back Ribs Skirt.


I was so excited! And my excitement practically turned to palpitations when I realized the yarn she had used was one of my very faves - Alchemy Temple. This merino superwash is hand-painted the way no one but Alchemy can. We have a full rainbow of colors. And it's one of Alchemy's most affordable yarns. I immediately ran to the cubbies to pick out my own yarn. I was tempted by the turquoises and oranges but when I found Two Rock, I knew it was the one.


It seems rather "safe" but it has really cool veins of light green and golden brown running through the rich chocolatly color. The piece de resistence: It goes with my new boots that Hubs got me for Christmas:


The pattern is available at Loops and in our new Ravelry pattern store. Now through January 31, if you purchase the Temple for your skirt online and mention the blog, we will include a copy of the pattern with your yarn for free.

I can't wait to cast on. The timing is perfect - just finished my Featherweight Cardigan in Alchemy Juniper and am so thrilled with how it turned out. I've worn it 3 times this week!



This longer version took me just over 5 skeins of Juniper. If you are next one to order 5 skeins of Juniper in Desert Song, I will give you the rest of my 6th skein free!

Meanwhile, when we're not knitting, we've been busy unpacking boxes of new stuff. A big order of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande arrived, as well as Malabrigo, and Blue Sky Bulky in scrumptious new colors:


We also got re-stocked in Blue Sky Brushed Suri, including a lovely new soft grey:


The good people at Offhand Bags sent a new batch of vintage-fabric knitting totes to tempt us. Cassidy and I are both lusting for this one:


We got several colors in two different bag styles, plus circular needle cases:




...hey lookie there, that's the perfect size bag for your Baby Back Ribs Skirt project!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

P.S. Betcha thought I forgot! The winner of the Opal Antonia caption contest is....Julie! For this comment: "This woman learned her lesson about buying enough yarn for the entire project." Congrats! You win a skein of Antonia yarn and a $25 gift card! Thanks so much to everyone who entered - every response was hilarious!

1 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

Oooh, I love it love it love it!! Great pattern, Terrie!

January 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home