Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The happiest part of Happy New Year is the sale is over! Wahoo, what a sale it was! Here is a pic of the line before the store opened on Tuesday (thank you, ladies, for letting me snap the picture and not trampling me :)


And here is a shot of Annie after the sale:


It is so nice to see a few blank spaces in the storeroom...because that means we can buy more spring yarn! Already, some new yarns are arriving. The latest yarn from Southwest Trading Co. is Gianna, an enviro-friendly soy/wool blend in a chunky weight, perfect for quick, soft baby blankets. Really yummy colors! We also got this great kit that has, I think, 34 balls of Gianna in a rainbow of colors, plus a pattern for an easy, self-fringing blanket big enough to fit a twin bed. And it is a great price to boot.


We've also put out the coveted, new Esperanza lambswool/alpaca blend, great for felting but also soft enough for sweaters or scarves. This is the yarn we've been using for the new Sophie bag. I just finished one and added some Joy for fun.


Ingrid is teaching a class on this bag later this month. Check out the Loops January Class List for details. Hurry, the classes are filling quickly this month. I think everyone has resolved to do more knitting in 2007!

Gossamer, one of our most popular yarns, has just arrived in two back-ordered colors - chocolate brown and navy. All it takes is 2 balls and the basic ability to create a knit stitch, and you've got a stunning wrap. Yes, you can even do this while enjoying a glass of wine. There are also two easy sweater patterns and a ruffled shawl pattern in the store.


Finally, I can't resist sharing a pic of my kids on Christmas morning, all wearing their new scarves (and my youngest holding her Blue Sky Baby Bobbi bear).


Hope your new year is off to a great start! Please post a comment so I know there are people out there reading this :)
- Shelley

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I'm here!!

January 2, 2007 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the blog and I love the bear!

January 3, 2007 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Trishia Shaw said...

Hi Shelley,

I love your blog and have been reading your updates faithfully. Sure do miss you and all the gals at Loops!

January 6, 2007 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Shelley,

I love the blog - keep it up!:)

January 7, 2007 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I agree - keep up the good work - and have fun in San Diego while we stay home and enjoy not having to go anywhere this weekend ! Nancy

January 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home