Saturday, May 26, 2007

Knitters love rainy days!

In Oklahoma, Memorial Day weekend usually means rain. Frustrating for most people - but not for knitters! That's why I'm sure many of you will rejoice in this weekend's forecast, which calls for rain - a perfect excuse to sit around and knit. Even better, you can come and knit at Loops on Memorial Day, because we'll be open 11am-8pm.

Holidays tend to sneak up on me, so when I realized last week that Memorial Day would be following oh-so-closely after our birthday sale, I decided to extend the sale through Monday. So you get a rainy day AND we're open AND we're having a sale. Be still my heart.

Plus we're going to renew the "bring-in-something-you've-recently-finished-and-let-us-take-a-picture-for-the-blog-and-we'll-give-you-a-free-Loops-tape-measure-or-nail-file offer." Otherwise known as the showoff offer (and showoff is meant in the best possible terms).

Sweet Sarah brought in this afghan she just finished in mostly Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. The pattern stitch was given to her by Gene (so thanks to you too, Gene). It's just a simple pattern stitch. Here's the free "pattern": k2tog, k1, k1, kfb, kfb, k3, ssk. You just do this for 6 rows, then switch colors, and you've got an afghan that's worthy of Kaffe Fassett!

And here's a close-up:


Also, yesterday we got new books in, including "The Friday Night Knitting Club" - a great read which you may even put aside your knitting for. Julia Roberts bought the rights and is set to star in the movie version next year. In the same shipment were more copies of "Knitting Around" by Elizabeth Zimmerman. We bought this in at a customer's request, and they were gone a day later. Kendall bought one and waxed eloquent about it (and if you know Kendall, you know waxing is not really her thing).

She said, "I just bought the Elizabeth Zimmerman book Knitting Around today. I'm in love. I think it should be a must read for all knitters. I have Knitting Without Tears, and I like it a lot, but in addition to the advice and knitting instruction in all of EZ's books this one has her personal memoirs interspersed, and it's amazing. Her life is incredible and I'm enjoying it so much! I'm looking through my stash to see if I have enough RYC to make a Baby Bog already! I haven't gotten this excited about a book in a long time, and it's not even new! (Yes, I know I'm using too many exclamation points, but they're all necessary.)"

Here's the book cover:

See you today or Monday (or both!)

- Shelley
P.S. Just put all the Rowan Big Wool Fusion on clearance! Get it before it's gone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Makenzie said...

So, I'm new to the Loops blog and I am reading through the archives. I love the easy wave pattern, and I was just wondering if you are supposed to knit the ws rows. Thanks so much! I love Loops!

March 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home