Monday, May 21, 2007

Tempted by the sock of another.

For someone who has only knit 2 1/2 socks, I sure do seem to buy a heapin' helpin' of sock yarn.

Maybe it's Gina Yates' persistent pursuasion ("It's a-DOR-able!" So a-DOR-able!") or maybe it's the endless array of yummy colors, but I am a shopaholic for sock yarn. So when Stacey and Amanda walked in the door with their dyed-right-here-in-little-ol'-Tulsa yarn, under their brand name TEMPTED, well, clearly I could not resist. Then when I saw these crazy, funky colors, and heard the names ("Toxic," "Punk Junkie," "Wicked Witch") well, even Billie Anne couldn't hold me back from the checkbook (actually come to think of it, Billie Anne wasn't there, tee hee).

Also, did I mention we have the Oklahoma EXCLUSIVE???


Stacey has ordered the yarn and promises we'll have it in the next couple of weeks.

Lucky Gina Yates was the first to get to knit with the sample skein - enough to make a pair. She also greedily grabbed my only skein of the new Kaffe Fassett Regia sock yarn - Ohhhh the colors - coming in the fall. (I myself had greedily grabbed the only skein from the Regia rep when she visited this week). Here's Gina's Toxic sock:


Stacey and Amanda are even going to make up some teeny kits with enough yarn to make a teeny sock ornament. We'll add a class called "sock weenies," for those of you who want to dip your big toe into the sock water, without the upfront commitment. (We'll just have to make sure no one thinks we're making "weenie socks," which would be a whole other kind of class, and we're just not that kind of store.)

While I was taking a pic of the sock, Eileen suggested I shoot this hat she just finished in Koigu Kersti. It's from the ever-popular book, "Last Minute Knitted Gifts." Darling use of this DK weight Koigu:


And if you haven't been to the birthday sale yet, shame, shame! It is one of our best sales yet. Come in on Wednesday, bring something you've recently knit, and let me photo it for the blog - you get a free tape measure or nail file, not to mention bragging rights!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley,
I just ordered some Debbie Bliss cash/cotton in chocolate, and I want to tell you that I miss your store! I moved to Ohio last May and there is no store like yours here! I miss you guys!

Emily Jones
Dayton, Ohio

May 21, 2007 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

Thanks Emily! You will love working with the Cotton Cashmere. Your package went out today! Be sure to visit us next time you're back in Tulsa - we love to see old friends.

May 22, 2007 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home