Thursday, September 6, 2007

Blissing out.

It must have been meant to be (inasmuch as choosing one's next knitting project can be cosmically connected). All of you chose the Stella sweater for my next project. Then I walked in the store and realized a banner with that sweater has been hanging in the front room since spring (!). Then the entire fall shipment of Debbie Bliss arrived! So yes, I am knitting the Stella sweater - although I chose a slightly less conventional color. The silk blend colors are so rich, I felt guilty making it in cream - so I chose #14 - a kelly green. Maybe it's the old Edison Eagle in me (for non-Tulsans, green was my high school color).

And yet now it is taking all my willpower not to cast on with one of the gorgeous new yarns we received in 5 big boxes of Bliss. Ingrid and I needed most of the day to get everything priced and update our display - but WOW:

My favorite new book is the Cashmerino Collection. Last year we ran out of many colors in these lovely, soft, washable yarns. So I stocked up in all of them, with lots of new colors (love Debbie's new fall pallette) in Cashmerino Aran & DK, Cashmerino SuperChunky, Cashmerino Baby, Astrakhan (same content but in a soft boucle), plus Alpaca Silk Aran & DK.

Again and again, I come back to this line for great garments and the sweetest baby gifts. If I want to get noticed, it's Rowan, Louisa Harding or Alchemy...but for a cozy, stylish but understated sweater that I'll wear forever, it's Debbie Bliss. Let me give you a little slideshow. From the new book:









From the new Baby Cashmerino book:



And don't forget, we have a great collection of Debbie books from recent seasons. The Cashmere Collection is one of my favorites. Here are a few samples:




We buy Debbie yarns in "garment quantities," i.e. multiple bags, so you can make sweaters. We will never have more choices than right now. The weather's getting cooler, so come on in an pick your color and cast on! And don't forget to check out Debbie Bliss in our online store - we are updating the quantities and hope to have all new colors online within the week. If you don't see what you want, just give us a call - chances are it's on the shelves. We love shipping yarns all over the country - how fun to have Loops friends far and wide!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lily sweater on display in the store- color, style, touch- is to die for.

I think I heard it talking to me...

September 6, 2007 at 4:36 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Yeah Mean-Green!...signed another Edison Eagle:-)

September 6, 2007 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home