Sunday, September 2, 2007

Delusions of yarndeur.

So...having completed one Hot Loops project and almost completed the second (in just one day - my kind of project - "only" the finishing remains), I find myself in the highly unusual and delicious position of being without a major project. Yes, I have the pink cable hat to go with the scarf for my Able to Cable class, but that's just 1 1/2 balls of yarn. I'm going to take a run at the Magic Loop method but I'm waiting for Gina Y's class, and I'm not quite ready to start on my Alchemy Wabi Sabi/Tripitina coat, because I'm waiting on the new colors and they won't be here til late September, according to Austin. So, with enough delusional excuses and a little knitting, by midweek, I'll have nothing on my plate!

I thought maybe ya'll could help me decide between these contenders for my Big Fall Project. In first place at the moment, the Debbie Bliss Stella short-sleeve jacket. I've lusted for this since Stella first arrived in Spring, and it hasn't really been moving because we don't have a sample. Yet. I love the silk blend - not too slick, but such vibrant colors - and I think I could wear this year-round in the OK climate:

A close second is the "Kyra" lace sweater, also in Stella. It has the downside of long sleeves. I get hot bouncing around the store. And of course there is more knitting:

I had planned on doing the cover design from Knitter's - planned it so wholeheartedly, that I ordered the Tilli Tomas Plie and Rockstar yarns needed to do the deed. And then a fervent Loops Troops member checked it in and put in on the shelf - so someone bought part of it (in less than one day! ack!). Still, I pine for it - but wonder if the sleeves might seem dorky a few seasons down the road?

On the back burner (because the yarn isn't here yet), but could quickly move to the front burner (when the books and yarn arrive - whenever Knitting Fever chooses to grace us with our fall shipment), are these two new designs from Louisa Harding. She and her husband (the photographer) shot these book photos in Italy, where they went on their first date. The romanticism shines through. Surely I would at least feel occasionally romantic while knitting or wearing them. Of course, with this much eyeshadow, anyone could get lucky:


So what do you think? Give me your opinion - quick - before I add more hopefuls to the list!
-Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com
P.S. For those of you who pay attention, no, the Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere sweater isn't done. I'm saving it for UFO night. And that absolutely does not count.

8 Comments:

Blogger Phara said...

STELLA...STELLA (in my best Marlon Brando voice). I really watch too much T.V.

September 2, 2007 at 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say, like Phara, go for the Stella, the short sleeved jacket. You can wear that one all year round.
GY

September 2, 2007 at 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie Bliss Stella short-sleeve jacket. I guess we are all in agreement. You just can't beat the short jacket for OK anytime.
PattiO

September 3, 2007 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Our house is divided between the Stella jacket and Louisa Harding. Both would be beautiful!

September 3, 2007 at 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so with the majority here and agreeing that you should do the Debbie Bliss Stella jacket. As one of my students is fond of saying, "You will be soooooo fashion!"

September 4, 2007 at 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go for Stella too.

September 4, 2007 at 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley! Your friend In Madrid wants you to knit the Stella sweater for her :-) !

September 5, 2007 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I like the Stella but the gray one would be so cute on you also. Why not do them both? When you can't decide do the all. Ha Ha.

September 5, 2007 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home