Thursday, August 16, 2007

Man stash.

It started innocently enough. I had just finished making a comprehensive list of all the yarns we stock at Loops for use as a staff reference tool. (Did you know we have 29 different cashmere and cashmere-blend yarns? 18 sock yarns? 19 felting wools - not to mention 45 other, non felting wools? 41 cottons and heck, even 5 different bamboos?) Anyhoo, I went searching for a 3-ring binder to hold the 8-page, single-space list...and when I opened my husband's supply closet, something in the corner caught me eye:

Yes, fiber lovers, I'm sure it jumped out at you, too. There, among the manly cardboard, the CDs and military-issue files, was YARN. A big ole box of it.

I had found Man Stash! Had he secretly been learning to knit? Had he become jealous of my stash, and hidden some of his own away, just to even things up? Of course, he gave me his best innocent look:

He claimed it was from "an old photo shoot" and he must have "just forgotton about it." Mmm-hmm. I think this warrants further investigation. Or at the very least, continued fortification of my own stash. After all, how would it look for his to be bigger than mine?

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the times I used to find Dan Martin talking sweetly to and even petting our cat. I guess men really do have a soft side:-)

August 16, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny!!
G.Y.

August 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as long as he's stashing the good stuff in sufficient quantities, I say "Let the competition begin!" Loretta

August 17, 2007 at 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, all that clicking I hear coming from his office isn't just from his mouse and keyboard, huh? :-)

August 17, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home