Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Troops Tuesday: Meet Ellen!

If you haven't met Ellen, the simplest way to describe her is, she keeps things interesting! She's married to a cardiologist, used to own a quilt shop, and has two miniature horses that live in her backyard - and that's just the beginning! She and Billie Anne call themselves the "doom twins" because for them, the cup is always half empty. And yet Ellen is always full of life - no conversation is ever dull. She is also good at stirring the pot - keeping everything humming and buzzing. Here she is in a wrap she designed using Muench Stars and Bel Air:

Here are Ellen's answers to my questions. I think she showed great restraint:
1. What's your middle name? Mary
2. What's your favorite all-time yarn? Whatever I am knitting with at the time.
3. How long have you been knitting, and who taught you? Learned about 3 years ago at a local knitting shop
4. What's your favorite food & drink? Favorite drink is Dr. Pepper, food.....turkey and dressing with gravy
5. Name three songs on your iPOD (or whatever).Believe it or not I have not songs on my iPod. I have 5 books, bunch of NPR podcasts, knitting podcasts
6. What's your favorite hand-knit or crochet item to wear? My hand-spun cashmere shawl.(Surprised?)
7. How big is your stash? I have an obscene amount. One wall of one room. (Shelley's note: I have seen it. It is epic.)
8. What's your favorite movie? I have about 6....Love Actually, Inherit the Wind, The Color Purple, Star Wars, Napoleon Dynamite, & Shakespeare in Love
9. What makes you happiest? Rob (hubby), Arielle (daughter), and my animals (LOTS of them)
10. What's your favorite color? PINK!!!!!
11. Your biggest pet peeve is? Hypochondriacs
12. Name three things about you most people don't know. I hate swimming in ponds or lakes, I am a home body, and I have a huge crush on George Lucas!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would we do without you, Ellen??? You are the life of the party at Loops!!!
xxxx
0000
GY

August 14, 2007 at 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were the cutest horses!! I want some, too!

August 15, 2007 at 5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As George Bernard Shaw said, "Accurate observation is often mistaken for cynicism by those who do not have it." Or something like that. Too tired to go look up the quote. Love ya, Doom Twin!

Billie Anne

August 17, 2007 at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home