Monday, July 30, 2007

How to drive a pregnant woman nutso.

As if it weren't enough that Billie Anne has entered the dreaded final stretch (no pun intended, honest) of her pregnancy, she has to work in these deplorable conditions:

Really, in terms of work environment, Wal Mart might be a step up.

Her desk at Loops World Headquarters (aka our home office) backs up to the laundry area. Lately the dryer has taken to making a loud whiny noise, such that country girl Billie Anne was looking outside the window for an owl. Although truthfully, it sounds more like a sea gull that has just swallowed a fruit bat. Scree-scrEEEch! Scree-scrEEEch! On the other hand, Billie Anne may in fact be grateful that it drowns out the sounds of our children lovingly "playing together in peaceful harmony."

Why, you ask, is there so much laundry? The answer, dear readers, is simple:

It's my Hot Loops secret project (see? I'm keeping it secret with the black bar ala "girls gone wild")- remember the slippery Berroco one with 429 stitches that kept falling off? The beast lives - and the monotony of the stockinette stitch has taken up residence in the deepest corners of my psche. Naturally, I have begun to fantasize about new projects - but more about that next time.

Since I hate to be coy (it's not really in my nature), I will share with you another Berroco project in Suede that is (finally) finished. I actually did it months ago, but the lining was too tight and the fabulous Dianna re-lined it for me on the bias, so it now fits. This pattern is officially called Sunny Set from Berroco Booklet #243, but I call it Cowgirl from He**:

Here's a close look at the crochet (yes, crochet!) section that took me right to the edge of the abyss:

I decided to officially consider myself a "hooker" when I mastered one stitch called a Treble Crochet Pocket Group that required 16 steps. Each. Being from Oklahoma, I called them Twisters because they resembled tiny tornadoes.

And thanks, Billie Anne, for taking the skirt pictures! Outside! In 100+ degree Oklahoma heat! While squatting to get the angle I needed! By the way, I called the hospital, and the maternity ward DOES have one padded room. I reserved it for you :)

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

Black bar ala "girls gone wild" - Ha ha!

July 30, 2007 at 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Shelley! I had wondered what had happended with this skirt. I'm glad you can finally wear it.

We are counting the days, Billie Ann...
Gina Y

July 30, 2007 at 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice abs! You wear it well! Now go do some laundry...

Wait, could zebra mussels have invaded the line? How's the pool? Have each kids wear a few clothing items in for a swim? Hang dry?

July 31, 2007 at 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home