Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Meet the Loops Troops part 2: Kristin

Let me introduce you to the brand-spankin'-newest member of the Loops Troops, Kristin:

Oh wait, that's the "self-portrait" of Kristin painted by a girl at the Boston preschool where Kristin used to work. (So you see, she is fully equipped with the patience needed to handle your most tantrum-worthy loops "oops.") Plus, she's got this awesome Pearl Drops smile, and is always ready to share it:

Here are Kristin's answers to my 12 questions:

1. What's your middle name? Denise

2. What's your favorite all-time yarn? so far,
anything soft.

3. How long have you been knitting, and who taught
you? I've been knitting about a year and a half, and
Annie taught me (I miss her)!! It was the best gift
ever!! My mom and I took the class together. (Great
idea for all those mother-daughter duos!!)

4. What's your favorite food & drink? My favorite
food would probably be sushi, and my favorite drink
wavers between a chocolate or pomegranate martini.
And how could I forget my daily Jamba smoothie for
lunch!!

5. Name three songs on your iPOD (or whatever).
Onions, by The Mountain Goats; One Particular Harbour,
by Jimmy Buffett; Fade Into You, Mazzy Star.

6. What's your favorite hand-knit or crochet item to
wear? I LOVE socks, but I'm beginning to catch the
sweater fever!

7. How big is your stash? Depends if you ask me or
my husband...a shelf and a half in my armoire.

8. What's your favorite movie? depends on my mood,
but as far as all time favs, I like "The Princess
Bride," "Grosse Pointe Blank," "Bend It Like Beckham,"
"Jungle Book," and "The Secret of Nimh."

9. What makes you happiest? I am happiest when those
around me are happy! That may sound a bit mental, but
I really enjoy being around friends and family,
playing "hand and foot" (a card game), and CHOCOLATE!!

10. What's your favorite color? green (or
blue)...yes, I've very indecisive!

11. Your biggest pet peeve is? It drives me crazy
when my husband does not write ATM withdrawals in the
checkbook.

12. Name three things about you most people don't
know. 1. I am jeckle and hyde in the car! 2. I
love rock climbing, but ruined my knee doing it. 3.
I am a night owl. (Okay, not a big surprise being
that I'm NOT a morning person!)

...So please help us welcome Kristin, and whatever you do, don't take her parking place! :)

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I know that face! I think that you, like Paula, were one of my Grade A, totally cool students in some knitting class at some time... See you at Loops! Elizabeth

August 2, 2007 at 5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome, Kristin!!!
You remind me so much fo Annie, and when you said the bit about being indecisive...that sealed it!
We already love you,
Gina Y.

August 2, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home