Monday, August 13, 2007

Tamami's Blue Sky Cable Bag & other show 'n' tell.

I've been stockpiling photos of customers' recent finished projects, so it's time to empty out the camera and share them with you!

First, a loopsknitting.com web customer named Tamami in Arizona ordered the Loops Cable Couture Bag Kit with the Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky in red. I encouraged her to try the darker rattan handles we had in stock. She had her yarn in just a couple of days and had this made a couple of days later! Plus she added her own flower - cool to know there was enough yarn left to do that.

I complimented Tamami on the bag, and she responded with this note:
"Glad you like my red bag :) It was so much fun to learn how to do the cable stitch by this kit. I did not want to stop knitting!!! As far as the flower corsage, yes, I just had enough left over yarn from the bag :) Now there is only a foot yarn left. LOL. I crochetted the flower by using a pattern in Japanese where I am originally from, but had to reduced some stitches to make it work with the left over yarn. I found a very similar one in English for you. The 2nd one in blue with a dark blue button seems to be almost like mine :) But looks like you still need some adjustment as your yarn is pretty thick :O [click here for the flower link] It's like a 3D flower and mine only has two layers, instead of three like this pattern. Thanks again and enjoy! -Tamami

On the subject of bags, fabulous Aloah came in with two fun bags she recently finished - think they are both gifts for grandchildren. The one on the left is from a Loops kit containing Rowan Little Big Wool and beaded fringe. The one on the right is made from Berroco Tutu - I think there's still some left in our clearance bin. The free pattern is called Fubu.


Next, here is the lovely Bonnie in a yummy shade of Orchid Blue Sky Cotton. The Eyelet Cardigan Pattern is quick and simpler than it looks, she promises!

Next we have prolific Patti (I swear, she finishes a new garment every week! We are impressed!) in a design from the Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton/Stella book. Pure Cotton is very much like Blue Sky Cotton - super soft, non mercerized, same gauge and lovely colors:

The always friendly, always fun Harriet just finished this great wrap in Rowan Denim. I want to call your attention to the piece de resistance, the gorgeous shawl pin from Moving Mud:

And last but clearly not least, we have I-love-a-challenge Joy (she has been learning Norwegian and asked if we had any untranslated patterns from Norway!) with the cutest little frog. She used the pattern from SWT - you can view this online but it is only available free from stores that carry the line. The pattern called for Karaoke but I think Joy used Cascade:

Everyone be sure to hop on in this week...I'm going to mark-down a few favorite yarns that are being discontinued by the manufacturers, in order to make room for the giant boxes of new stuff headed our way!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I am so excited to start on my cable bag. I got the same color yarn and handles. I am just finishing the last sleeve of a sweater and will then start my bag! Hopefully sometime this week...

Steph

August 13, 2007 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see my bag on your blog! Thanks for such a lovely design and kit :) I truly enjoyed making it...

August 13, 2007 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, ladies!!!!
Gina Y.

August 13, 2007 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home