Sunday, August 5, 2007

O-C-D-elightful.

I've owned up to it many times: I know I have OCD. It's not diagnosed, and it's not quite Jack Nicholson In As Good As It Gets. I do NOT own a case of tiny Neutrogena soap bars to toss away after one use, and I don't scald my hands when I wash them. I DO make a mental note after I've shaken hands with someone, and will discreetly wash my hands at the next natural opportunity - but isn't this the #1 Survival Technique for Parents of Elementary Chidren?

On the other hand, I have decided OCD is pretty much a pre-requisite to being a good yarn store owner. So when our Louisa Harding sales rep suggested that I re-merchandise the line by color - since Ms. Harding's knack for applying color across her lines is a hallmark of the collection - I jumped at the chance. You mean I have an excuse to re-stack the yarn and make it look even more organized? Whoopee! Synapses were firing all over the place.

Newbie Kristin volunteered to help out (ah, the fresh-scrubbed innocence of the newly hired) and we were quite pleased with the results. So pleased, that I accosted everyone who walked in the door on Friday, including Carl the UPS guy and the mailman, shamelessly soliciting their praise. Isn't it just lovely?

No matter your favorite color, there is a Louisa bin for you. Are you a red-lovin' Aries (like me)?:

A cool as a cucumber green type?

Or a sophisticated neutrals afficionado?

Something else I learned about Louisa Harding: While most other knitwear designers were knitters first and became designers, Louisa began in the fashion design industry of Europe. That's why her looks are so modern and yet so classic. She was doing Fitted designs before they became so de rigeur. But she doesn't do Fitted as in bursting-at-the-bust-buttons. They are Fitted as in they actually FIT the female form. If you haven't browsed her books, you must check them out. And her new Fall books (coming in September) are TDF, all shot in Italy by her photographer-hubby.

You can peruse the Louisa yarns and patterns by clicking here. I'm proud to say that we fell in love with this line from day one, so we carry nearly all of the yarns in many, many colors. If you see something you like, call us and we'll help you put together a stunning garment kit - for you or your kiddo (yes, they have a great book of designs with hard-to-find patterns for the elementary age group).

Also, the floodgates have opened and our fall lines are pouring in. We got a huge order from Blue Sky Alpacas, our long-awaited Twinkle yarns & book - a must-see! - and a giganto order from Cascade. This is but a sliver of it:


More to come after tomorrow, when Gina H. is my next victim, and we attack the Twinkle and the sock wall!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Very pretty. Makes me wish I worked in a yarn store even more!

August 5, 2007 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for revamping the sock wall!!!The Louisa Harding display looks awesome. It was well worth the effort to rearrange it.
Gina Y

August 5, 2007 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

The pictures are beautiful. These yarns become even more beautiful when you are knitting with them. They are elegant. I am on my 2nd Louisa sweater - these have become my favorite line of yarn.

August 6, 2007 at 4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of hard to find... patterns for size 0, 12 year old girls? They are hard to please, have no form to fit, and the juvenile stuff just won't do. I miss the old days of garter-stitch cardies with kitty buttons!

August 6, 2007 at 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to drop a line, I was very excited to see the ad in Vouge. Very cool made me feel important..lol Very classy
I do love this yarn can't wit till Thursday so I can come and drool over it all.

August 7, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home