Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cassidy and Klaralund.

Hey everyone, meet Cassidy, the newest addition to the Troops.


On our first day to work together, Cassidy mentioned that she would like to make her first sweater soon. I had just run across a great pattern, Klaralund, from the "Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Noro Book 2". This pattern was also just reprinted in the new book, "Noro: Meet the Man Behind the Legendary Yarn."

This pattern caught my eye on Ravelry because there are more than 400 people making it (including Lori K's Klaralund, shown below), and because it is shockingly simple - making it a great first sweater pattern.

The Klaralund pattern has 7 sizes ranging from 34" to 46" bust. It takes just 7 skeins of Noro Silk Garden for size S. Cassidy chose the very popular Color 84:


Because she has a degree in English and loves to write, I asked Cassidy to write a bit to introduce herself and her sweater project:

"As the only spider that I have ever been able to tolerate once said: Greetings and Salutations! My name is Cassidy and I am the newest member of the Loops Troops. I’m super excited to be joining the team and have a feeling that the shop is always going to make me feel like a kid in a candy store…

I find the best way for me to introduce myself is to do one of my favorite things- make a list. So, here are some of the things that I love:

1. Coffee.
2. Reading a wonderful book that I just can’t put down.
3. My hubby.
4. BOOTIES!

Ok, it’s probably a no-brainer that I like to knit. But here’s the deal, I am like a moth to a flame when it comes to baby stuff. There’s something about little, tiny, adorable versions of things that just sucks me in. I have a 1-year-old and a 2-year-old and I love to knit for them. Recently I have been making a lot of stuffed bunnies. Pretty irresistible. But let me confess, booties are the most addictive thing that I have ever made, and they are the item that most often comes off a pair of my needles. I mean, I make these suckers before I even know who I can give them to! So, as I turn over a new leaf with this great new job, I think it’s time to turn the page to a new pattern.

Hence, The Sweater.

With a creative nudge from Shelley I have decided to tackle my first adult-sized garment! I will be following a great little pattern using Noro Silk Garden. It’s a beautiful blend of silk, mohair, and wool in the most gorgeous combination of plum, cranberry, pink, and green. I’m thrilled to be creating this “me-sized” project. I mean, there’s something really cute about a baby in booties, but something even better about a hot mom in a great sweater…

Cheers!
Cassidy"


Cassidy and I will be sharing photos of progress on her sweater. If you'd like to join her and make your own Klaralund, call, email or come by and we'll help you choose the perfect yarn.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

Welcome, Cassidy!

Very cute sweater, too! Noro rocks!

September 10, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home