Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My twenty-five LMKG's of Christmas.

They call them Last-Minute Gifts. But truth be told, as of this moment, there are actually 35,595 minutes left until Christmas, folks! And if you are a knitter, you know that's plenty of time to churn out - no, wait, lovingly create - at least ten - no, wait, twenty-four if I order out for pizza every night - beautiful Christmas gifts.

So I had this idea to help you out with a different Last Minute Knitted Gift (LMKG) every day of Christmas. Better than an Advent Calendar because it contains no cheap chocolate, this will include LMKGs that I'm making, have made, or are in my personal queue to make. In other words, no Knitted Toilet Paper Covers (unless I get really really desperate).

The first LMKG is the Sweet Pea Hat by Susan B. Anderson, author of Itty Bitty Hats, Itty Bitty Nursery, and the just-released Itty Bitty Toys. As you may have heard, Susan will be at Loops this Saturday at 2pm - so come by, meet her and have her sign your Itty Bitty library. And, as luck would have it, I was invited to a baby shower this Sunday, so this gift is truly last-minute!

For my hat, I used one skein each Louisa Harding Nautical Cotton in #2 Sand and #23 Sage. If you want to make a pink or blue version similar to Susan's shown below, try Kashmir Aran in #2 or #3 with #6.

Who knows, maybe this will become an annual tradition. But for now, let's just get through the next 25 days together, shall we?

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Blogger ann I am said...

I need this. At the last minute--last Friday to be exact--my brother adopted a surprise baby--that has really disrupted my
Christmas knitting plans.

December 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home