Monday, November 2, 2009

Is the tree saving the mailbox, or the other way 'round?

Brent was driving us back from a family trip to the Pumpkin Patch, when we noticed something odd in our neighbor's yard. Obviously, I was the one in the passenger seat with the camera (I was, of course, knitting at the time...so had to quickly grab the camera and there was no time to crop myself out!):


Click on the shot to see this brilliant marvel of inventive engineering up-close.

Really, I'm sure this seemed like a good idea at the time. But now, the tree is clearly rebelling against its oppressors.

(here comes a sudden change of subject - insert your own segue here)...OU and OSU fans, Yarn Bedlam is really heating up. OSU was really whuppin' up on OU for awhile, but then OU rallied with several more chemo caps to be donated. Looks like we're gonna need bigger bowls soon.

I found another really cute, slouchy beret pattern that would make a great chemo cap. Actually, I may have to make one for myself! It's the Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret (a free Ravelry download). It calls for one skein of Malabrigo Worsted, but I might make it in Blue Sky Dyed Cotton.

I'll keep ya' posted...both on the progress of the beret, and on the fate of the tree and mailbox.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

I love it! I must admit that we have a neighboring tree that shades our house, and we've thought about asking the homeowner to let us run a cable from one huge tree to that one, since the smaller one is starting to lean. But it'd be hidden in all the other trees, not like this. Nobody'd ever know it was that way.
But this... this is just plain bad.

November 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Billie Anne said...

Team Tree, all the way.

November 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home