Monday, May 28, 2007

Pennies (and dollars) for your thoughts.

To market, to market, to buy...what? Gina Marie and I are heading to the TNNA market in Columbus, Ohio this weekend. I do most of my buying through reps and online, but TNNA is a great time to make sure we're not missing anything fabulous! This is your chance to speak up...what line do you wish Loops would carry? We've had requests for Mountain Colors, Frog Tree, Cherry Tree Hill... Any certain yarn you're craving? Tell us! We'll check it out for you.

And I'm even going to sweeten the pot...since so many of you seem shy about posting a comment. Just click below to post a comment, telling us what you want to see at Market, then print out your comment and bring it into the store for 10% off your entire purchase! But this offer is only good through this Friday, when we leave!

Now here are two show 'n' tells from customers who brought in recent projects today (and claimed their free Loops tape measures :) First, two sweaters in Muench Goa from the book "Hollywood Knits" - this is one of my favorite, super-quick baby gifts - knit by Lena:

And next, a darling Rowan Biggy Print capelet, modeled by Katie and knit by Jeanne:


Be sure to come in this week, while we've got the Vogue Knitting magazine trunk show (really cute baby things and some great summer tops), and a fabulous Berroco trunk show (our first!) will go on the floor around Wednesday...right before we begin our HUGE Prism event! (more to follow...)

- Shelley

10 Comments:

Blogger RoadGoddess said...

Hi Shelley!
Just catching up on your latest blogs! You have been busy since my visit! Anxious to hear how excited everyone gets about the Prism Trunk Show! Should be fab!

Have a safe trip to market!
SW - Road Goddess

May 28, 2007 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger loretta said...

Another sock fan here, so I’ll suggest Trekking for their durability and man-color selection, Opal for fun colorways, and the Mountain Colors Bearfoot for scrumptious colors and squooshy, warm goodness.

Mountain Colors Twizzle in the DK weight is gorgeous too.

And for good measure, I’ve been longing to give JaggerSpun Zephyr laceweight a try.

Have fun!

May 29, 2007 at 4:39 AM  
Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

I agree about the sock yarn. Trekking, Opal, or even Blue Moon? Regia is ok, but there are some great colorways out there, and I would rather spend my money at Loops than go out and buy it from someone on the Internet.

May 30, 2007 at 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see Trekking sock yarn in the store. Number #126 in Neapolitan is the bomb!.Opal also for thier colorways .

May 30, 2007 at 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the rate I see Loops knitters flying through socks, I say sock it to us on the sock yarn! AND, how's about some of those little rectangular, clear, vinyl zipper bags for our VIKS? (You know, very important knitting stuff- like crochet hooks, markers, point protectors, cork screws for spontanious opening of wine bottles...) And what if they were even stamped with the loops logo? How cool would that be?? They would match any of those killer-great knitting bags in the store!

May 30, 2007 at 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neon (from OPAL) is a new color wave...would love to try it.
Blue Moon Fiber Arts (Socks That Rock) would be AWESOME...but I believe you have to get on a waiting list and send them a letter telling them why they should consider your store...go for it.

May 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

So excited about the possibility of Cherry Tree Hill. I have always wanted to try Trekking, so that would be awesome too. And, of course, STR would be very welcome! Yay for sock yarn!

May 31, 2007 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

OK, good news ladies...I ordered Trekking today! Gina and I will keep a lookout for the rest of the goodies at market. :)

May 31, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

How about Malabrigo's merino? It's softer than Manos, more for your money (216 yds for around $11 or $12), and just as gorgeous if not moreso. And it felts beautifully, too. I usually order it online, but I'd love to get it locally and give you my business on more of my projects!

June 1, 2007 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, I think handmaiden yarns are really great. They have decently priced silks and blends, and amazing colorways!! You should check them out.

June 1, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home