Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Back in black.

Nevermind that it is so low-cut, even with the addition of miles of elastic, that it will never hold "the girls." Nevermind that one wing sleeve is four rows wider than the other. Nevermind that the empire waistband is so tight, I may need to have some ribs removed to wear it. Nevermind that it will probably cost the size of a small mortgage to have it lined.

I finally went back to the Tilli Tomas dress, and it is done. Here it is before I blocked it:

Then, after washing it in hair shampoo and then conditioner (just following designer's instructions) and then rinsing it out a billion times to get the water not to be black and then blocking on the bathroom floor (this is when I realized one sleeve was bigger - clearly past the point of no return. Oh God, I hope Ingrid isn't reading this, she'll make me rip it out):


The amount of finishing required for this dress is of epic proportions. Just when I thought I was finished, I realized the instructions had left out that I needed to sew in the waist elastic. Here it is, one more trip to Joann's and 240 stitches later:


I must find a way for this to fit. Too many silkworms worked much too hard to let all of this go to waste.

But for now, I simply do not care. I have finally allowed myself to cast on something new.

Life is good.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But please know Shelly all us little beginning knitters applaud your dedication and work.... You are a great mentor and I can't wait to see it first hand. You go girl and dance your heart out in that little black dress. I am still so impressed! PK

July 4, 2007 at 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!!! You'll figure out some way to make it fit! Any plastic surgeons read this blog? What's it cost to remove a rib these days? Adam made it just fine with one less...

July 6, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Shelley!!! It really doesn't look like it has all those problems ^_^ it's awesome!!! I think it will fit. After all, there's elastic!! that stuff works miracles

July 6, 2007 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home