Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lost in translation.

My last couple of blogs have been quite verbose. And I'm gearing up for another long-winded one later this week, 'cause two huge shipments are arriving that I'll want to blather on about. So I thought I would give this entry to ya'll short and sweet.

My mom got the kids some glo-sticks for Valentine's Day. One of those dollar store things, made in a friendly Asian country (you know, one of those that also makes "hand-knit" cashmere sweaters for $5). But there is a wee little problem with the wording on the packaging. Either something was lost in translation, or the little kiddos might be getting a couple of doobies with their glo-sticks. Which makes this a real bargain at just $1.

Read carefully now.


Long lasting! Great for parties, festivals and concerts!

Come to think of it, the kid in the picture appears to be enjoying either (a) an illegal substance or (b) too much birthday cake.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!!! That's too funny :)

February 26, 2008 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger loretta said...

Oh I don't think it's a misprint. I think anyone who gives their kids 12 glow sticks will undoubtedly need two joints!

February 27, 2008 at 5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, a bonus for the parents! How thoughtful! :)

Billie Anne

February 27, 2008 at 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if your mom got one of those for each little Brander, that means you have 6?

February 27, 2008 at 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it does say "Great for Concerts!"

February 27, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Ms Blondie Knits said...

Whoah, I went to Loops to pick up my LH booklet, and saw what was on the table in the back. I can't wait until it's on the shelves!

February 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen and Elizabeth are touching the yarn on the back table. Woo-hoo, woo-hoo!!!

February 27, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not on subject, but just read the article in the Tulsa World. Fabulous!

March 1, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home