Saturday, February 9, 2008

Please, Karl, make it stop.

Some people's nightmares are in color. Others are in black-and-white.

Right now, mine are in the kraft brown of a UPS box.

You'd think, after three years of buying yarn, I would learn to stagger the spring shipments. But no, each year, in a frenzy of anticipation, I proclaim "Send them as soon as I can get them!" and as usual, Karl the UPS man brought three of our biggest orders at the same time. Six dollies full of boxes. Here is just a smidge of it:


First came Rowan with my favorite spring magazine and yarns thus far. According to Ingrid, she and Loretta did "the work of 16 people" to get it all stocked. We've added new yarns like 4-Ply Cotton:
There are lots of designs for this yarn in the new magazine, like this:

Plus there are new designs and new colors in old favorites, like Handknit Cotton:
Oh my goodness, that guy - I mean, erm, that SWEATER is hot.

And Summer Tweed:

And Calmer:

And Damask - one of my favorites from last season which was often overlooked:

Next in the door was our huge Plymouth order. Ya'll have responded so well to this line, with its wonderful quality and extraordinary price points, that we have added a bunch more of their yarns, including the new Heaven Lite (a worsted version of the popular Heaven):

Fantasy, a worsted cotton in incredible colors that is great for easy, quick baby sweaters and beautiful blankets:



And last but not least, Dreambaby DK. I have resisted acrylic yarns but this one is special. I did my research talking to other yarn store owners from afar, and all agree this is the softest, most durable, acrylic-baby-yarn-that-doesn't-feel-like-an-acrylic-baby-yarn. Ellen already whipped up some booties for Lily - adorable!

There are also restocks in Heaven and Oh My, plus two brand-new Plymouth yarns that will debut on the Hot Loops wall in March!

Karl also brought two precious boxes full of Schaefer Yarns. There is Laurel, a huge skein of hand-dyed cotton:
Just two skeins makes this gorgeous wrap, the winner of Schaefer's annual pattern design contest:

And Heather is Schaefer's newest sock yarn. Unlike Anne, their other wildly popular sock yarn, Heather has no mohair. It's superwash merino, nylon and - wait for it - silk!

OK, I think that's enough for one post (!). But I will tease you about my next post with one more phrase:

Debbie Bliss Prima Bamboo/Wool

And one more picture:


If you're the type who doesn't like to wait, come into Loops today and see for yourself!

- Shelley
find a great project fast! shop online at loopsknitting.com

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S, you posted this almost 4 hours ago... What are you going to do with the rest of your day? Have you eaten yet? Are you bringing back the siesta? Does Brent snore? Maybe it takes a vampire to know a vampire? Do we need a sunrise knit-in? -e

February 9, 2008 at 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DreamBaby is really wonderful! Can't wait to make a second project with it!

February 9, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my mobius bowl... it feels nice on my head... like a thinking cap... I may never felt it. -e

February 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid should have her mobius bowl felted by Monday. Can't wait to see how it turned out.

February 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I felted it. Malabrigo is still buttery soft when felted, and it gets nice and strong... you know, you can thump it and you know it's ready. My family thinks it's pretty cute. Oh, yeah, they'd tell me if it wasn't. -e

February 11, 2008 at 4:16 AM  
Blogger Ms Blondie Knits said...

Great post, Shelley. Love having all those pictures of the new goodies!

February 11, 2008 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley you didn't refer to Karl correctly. He is Karl the Magnificent.

February 11, 2008 at 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BAG How did the booties fit?

February 11, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, the booties are great! They are so cute. I need to get a picture of Lily wearing them.

I was going to call you yesterday and say thanks...but Lily never stopped screaming long enough. I'd forgotten how bad the 6-month immunizations are. :(

February 11, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Wow, it looks like so much fun! Can't wait to come in and check it out.

February 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home