Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dyslexic Gardican.

I haven't shown any WIP's or FO's lately, so I thought I would share this one.

My middle dd is also a ddd (darling dyslexic daughter). She recently did a school presentation on Albert Einstein, who is one of her heroes because he was reportedly dyslexic.

Did I mention she is also an excellent artist and a real ham?

So when I ran across these buttons at market...

I just had to make a canvas for them. I found a great Knitting Pure & Simple Pattern (Child's Neckdown Cardigan or as ddd would read it, "gardican") with an optional hood (a must for all tomboys), and the perfect color of indigo, ddd's favorite color. I chose Colinette Cadenza, a handpainted superwash merino, but had to hold it double to get gauge. This definitely drove up the cost, but the effect is amazing and I have become a huge fan of this yarn. And heck, what good is owning a yarn store if you can't splurge on your ddd with yarn-at-cost? Anyway, I think the results were worth it:


I have some other WIP's but can't show you because they're for Hot Loops (and also, one is going to do double-duty as a gift for Kristin, who is expecting a new knitter-to-be.) By the way, if you haven't made your reservation for the Hot Loops party, do it now! We had almost 40 signed up as of today, so we can take maybe 10 more. It's Saturday, March 29 at 7pm. Cost is $25. I would tell you more but suffice it to say, you will have fun. What happens at Hot Loops, stays at Hot Loops!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com
Have you seen the new DROPS section and expanded Alchemy line?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out great!!!
:)
GY

March 1, 2008 at 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of knitters-to-be, I am writing to you from a rustic cabin (with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a wraparound porch and a hot tub from which I enjoyed a breathtaking view at 6:30 this am...) he top of Mount Magazine where I have shown 3 friends from high school the fiber side of life!!! I love that they think I'm so magical for having taught them this neat new skill. Troops, we have got to come here!

March 2, 2008 at 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home