Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Report from my other life.

Some of you have commented that you haven't seen me around the store for the past couple of weeks. I've been there, but less than usual and in the wee hours of the morning or evening. The reason is that I've been awfully busy with my other "lives" - three kids home for the summer and a very busy time in the advertising biz!

One of my many current projects is a new bunch of TV spots for Cox Communications. Ya'll have probably seen the spots that have run over the years, featuring local real customers in a white studio setting. If you knew me well and looked closely, you would notice that many are my friends and some are my relatives! My youngest appeared in a spot a couple of years ago for Cox Phone, where she "loves to talk and talk and talk." All of you who know her know that is definitely "truth in advertising"!

The newest bunch of spots are shot on location instead of in-studio. I felt privileged to be among the few ousiders to get an insider view of the new BOK Center in progress. Here I am with the fabulous Geno - amazing cameraman extraordinaire (doesn't he just look the part?) and fabulous client/friend Donna.

I have to point out that hardhats do absolutely nothing for any ensemble.

If you've seen the spot running, you might have noticed two little karate kids who bear a striking resemblance to me. Keep a lookout for more spots in the series to hit in the coming weeks. Here is a sneak preview:

Oh, what a glamorous life...

Next post: Norma visits Oz.

- Shelley

shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool life you've got there, Shelley! I took one of your ad kids to Japan this summer and he was still talking about the time he was in a Barney commercial for you. He filmed a lot during the trip... You must have made a great impression on him:-) -e

July 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home