Thursday, July 30, 2009

Angel BAG.

I'm going to tell this story on our own Billie Anne G. (a.k.a. "BAG") because I know she would never tell it on herself...

Yesterday, a customer named Stacy walked into the shop with an envelope for Billie Anne. Ever the curious one, I asked what was inside? Seems that Stacy was in town from Bartlesville last week visiting relatives in an assisted living center. When she got back in her car and started to head out of town back to Bartlesville (which is about an hour from Tulsa), she realized she was completely out of gas AND had left her purse back in B'ville.

What to do? What to do??!! Panic set in, and then she remembered Loops. She came into the store, told Billie Anne her story and that she was a Loops customer (though she and Billie Anne had never met before this day). BAG gave her $10 out of her own pocket for gas without batting an eye. "I told her she must be my guardian angel," Stacy said. She was so grateful, she even let me take her picture:

Big kudos to BAG for helping remind us all that a yarn store is so much more than a store.

And while we're on the subject of Bags, we now have the Walker mesh nylon bags and accessories cases available online. I mentioned them in our e-newsletter and everyone wanted to know how the heck to buy them.


I adore these bags because they let you see all your stuff but they are oh-so-much-more-elegant than see-through plastic. Plus the pockets and grommets on the tote really rock. There are lots more colors in stock. Click here to shop the bags.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Billie Ann - you made that ladies day.

July 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAG is a guardian angel indeed. She saved me as well when faced with an issue regarding a skein of yarn! Manna from heaven showed up at my home without me even knowing until I got home from work that day. I love Loops and the Loops Troops - they are the real thing and in business for all the right reasons. Customers are family -

hugs you guys. B

August 1, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home