Monday, July 13, 2009

Scrumptious stash hat.

In previous posts, I have been waxing poetic about the joys of the free Blooming Cotton Scarf pattern. I finished it - it's on display at the store - and it was kinda like finishing a great book. I didn't want it to end!

Well, in a way, it didn't...because when I was all done, I had TONS of Louisa Harding Albero left over. I barely went into the 3rd ball of the main color and at least half a ball each of 6 contrast colors. What to do with all that leftover yarn?

Annie made the same scarf out of Rowan Calmer. She also had leftovers - and a brilliant idea. She noticed that most of the hats in Debby Ware's latest book, "Scrumptious Toppers," use DK-weight or light worsted yarn. (Debby Ware is the one who makes those incredibly cute hat kits we stock in our baby area.)

Check out Annie's work in progress:



"I probably never would have used luxe Calmer to make a baby hat - but my leftovers were perfect!" Annie says. "This is a great way to make room in the stash for upcoming fall yarns. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway."

So gather up those leftovers...and start filling up that hope chest!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Blogger dorabee said...

Oh, could you please, please post a picture of the scarf and the hats??? I don't live in Tulsa, but I would really like to see it.

July 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home