Friday, June 5, 2009

Blooming Cotton goes to the beach.

As promised, I cast on for my Blooming Cotton Scarf in Louisa Harding Albero the night before last. I ended up dragging it out to the beach in order to get the 400 stitches cast on...this is best done when one's brain is half-melted by the sun so one doesn't notice how boring it is. But then I started the pattern and everyone is so right...this is So Much Fun. Like knitting chocolate. Just when you get tired of one color, you get to switch to another. Here is Blooming Cotton on its beachy towel:

Here is Blooming Cotton frolicking in the surf:


We've mostly had nice weather, but we did have a couple days of spotty rain, so we did a little browsing and hanging out at Baytown Wharf:

We spotted some dolphins and this very tame crane:

And we saw a crocodile and mermaid:


And then we spotted a truly mysterious creature (as I was taking the picture, it was yelling, "this does not go on the blog!") But the kind creature later relented:


- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Dickens Designs said...

I'm glad the cotton had such a nice vacation. Love the pics!

June 8, 2009 at 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Alesha said...

LOVE the pictures of the kids. They are getting soooo big. I miss Sam and the other Undercroft kiddos. Tell him Mrs. Erbter is enjoying cool weather in Michigan and would love to hear from him at aerbter@mac.com. I keep hoping to get time to do more knitting... Alesha

July 2, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home