Saturday, May 30, 2009

Knitpacking.

When I'm getting ready to go on our annual beach vacation, I don't really stress about packing my family of 5. T-shirts, shorts, sunscreen, DVDs - we're good to go. There's a washer and dryer where we're staying, so really, I could just pack one day's worth of clothes for everyone, lots of detergent, and I'm done, right? Well ok, it's not quite that simple, but...

What I really stress about packing is my knitting.

We have all experienced the nightmare of arriving at our destination without the proper needles, stitch markers, or - gasp - enough yarn!

So here it is, the day before we leave, and I have yet to begin the family pack, but I'm staring at my KnitPacking, trying to decide what to bring.

Priority #1: Finish Rusted Root from zephyrstyle.com in Rowan Calmer (maybe I can even wear it on the trip):


Priority #2: Cast on Blooming Cotton Scarf in Louisa Harding Albero (this photo doesn't do justice to my colors - the green is really a yellow-lime green):


Priority #3: Finish Nette in Habu Silk from last vacation:


Priorities 4 and 5: Cast on the Babydoll Cardigan in Alchemy Silk Purse or Ellen's Triple Treat Skirt in Louisa Harding Mulberry (we just got a shipment of 5 new colors, and I'm coveting the gunmetal grey - bottom photo):





Sure, this seems like a lot. But it's a 16-hour car ride, right? DH should have no problem logging those miles while I knit a full wardrobe...and I should have Rusted Root done by at least Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Maybe I will blog each day to show you my progress. But then again, it's the beach...so maybe not! Anyhow, I'll probably be too busy doing laundry.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

P.S. All of the projects shown are available in the store.
P.P.S. Happy 50th birthday, Ellen!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Blondie Knits said...

You are so right about the time it takes to pack the knitting projects. Invariably, though, I forget something and just HAVE TO visit whatever local yarn shop is around!

June 2, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home