Sunday, April 26, 2009

Love the one you're with.

For the past couple of weeks I have been steadily working on the minidress by Caddy Melville Ledbetter. It's coming along ok - though I'm still not sure about that red stripe. But meanwhile, my heart is - gasp! - filled with lust for another:


The Baby-doll Cardigan by Iris Schreier just came out in knit.1 magazine this week. It looks so tempting...such a fun knit...and it's made with silk...the one fiber I truly cannot resist. I've picked out my yarn - it's sitting here beside me, taunting me as I slog along on the minidress.

The Alchemy Silk Purse in "Copper" looks like spun gold. Mmmmm....
And that's not the only project that's turning my head. There's also the Pioneer Top that I still want to cast on in Calmer. And the Blooming Cotton Scarf that Annie and Gina have been chatting about in the Loopalicious group on Ravelry.

All of this temptation is almost too much to take. But I'm thinking ahead to our 16-hour car trip to Destin in early June...trying to put the sexy new projects out of my mind until then...and channeling all of my lust into the minidress.

I knit 12 inches on it yesterday.

- Shelley

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

12 inches! It's a mini dress how much more could there be? Sounds like it would be alright to start something new :-)

April 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twelve inches sounds about right.

April 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home