Friday, April 3, 2009

Sock it to me.

Last week, mother nature dealt us a beautiful blow with a snowstorm which, had it occurred anywhere else, would have been considered a freak of nature. But this is Oklahoma. So, we had to re-schedule the Hot Loops party. As I stood looking out the bedroom of our new house, I had to consider the irony of the snow piled around our swimming pool under construction:

On the upside, the kids had a blast in the snow, enjoying the last taste of winter:

And another upside: The Hot Loops party list has increased, so now even more of you are coming than before! Ellen is mixing up a new "special" punch for the event. And I can't wait for you to see the awesome party favors.

Yet another positive note: We've gotten in bunches of new sock yarn in the past week or so. The all-new Juniper from Alchemy arrived yesterday, and I was selling it out of the back room before I could even get it displayed out front! This washable merino is unbelievably vivid in Alchemy's signature hand-paint colors:

We also got a long-awaited shipment of Malabrigo sock yarn. Need I say more? You Malabrigo folks know who you are:

Have you checked out the new arrivals from Naked Sheep Farms? Jessica raises her own Corriedale sheep right here in Oklahoma, and dyes the sock yarn herself. Luscious, luscious colorways:

Want to save some dough on these yarns (and hey, use the savings to - oh, I don't know - buy more yarn)? Call to sign up for the Hot Loops party and save 20-25 percent storewide. It's this Saturday, April 4, at 7pm, and just $25 gets you in the door.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
And pray the Lord my skein to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord to save the sheep.

April 4, 2009 at 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear on the news where a 98 year old woman was trapped in her bed for 2 or 3 days after that big earthquake?
The cool part: She said she survived by knitting! Don't you love it?
Susan Shay
BLIND SIGHT--coming in 8 days.

April 9, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home