Friday, March 6, 2009

Wasabi Scarf, Part 2: The college student version.

Ali came in to Loops yesterday looking for a fun spring scarf project. "I know how to cast on and knit, but I'm tired of making the same old knit scarf," she said. "I want to do something with some kind of easy pattern."

I showed her the Wasabi Scarf, but when I mentioned the price of the (hand-dyed) Colinette yarns, I saw her subtly wince. "I'm on the college student budget," she said. So we looked around a found a version that cost about $20 (vs. the $50 Wasabi - which, in its defense, makes two full scarves). She chose a gorgeous color of Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon, and a neutral color of Rowan All Seasons Cotton for contrast.


In half an hour, I had taught her to do the drop-stitch and she was flying along, having done a good 6 inches. I'm tellin' ya, this scarf works up faster than Paris Hilton:

I wish I had not been lazy, and had grabbed my better camera instead of just the iPhone, because this scarf is going to be so gorgeous...the contrast of the Sari ribbon with the natural cotton is sure to generate lots of comments...especially when worn by the equally gorgeous Ali (I asked her if she would model for our next Hot Loops wall!) Pics just do not do it (or her) justice:


Thanks, Ali - it was fun chatting and knitting with you!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

Love it! I like the neutral colors and the difference in textures. Awesome!

March 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home