Friday, May 8, 2009

None of your cheese wax.

My middle child, the Clay Prodigy, has added a new, eco-friendly twist to her artistic musings. She is into "found" materials. Like mud. Wax from our nice candles. And cheese wax.

Yes, that's right. Cheese wax. As in: "Eureka. My friend has a hunk of cheese in her lunchbox, and she appears to be casually discarding the red wax that the cheese was wrapped in. What a tragic waste. I will rescue that wax and mold it and care for it and create something spectacular.

"Like maybe a miniature skateboard park."



Not sure if there's a market for this. But I would venture to guess this is the only Cheese Wax Skate Park blog entry that you read this week.

- Shelley
shop online a loopsknitting.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

That's really amazing that she did that period - but with cheese wax!!!

May 8, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In an effort to save the planet by using recycled materials, may I suggest navel lint? Inexhaustible supply of material. Saves clogged drains. Perhaps she could produce "green" bling.

May 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger The Allison said...

This is exactly how I got started with cheese wax! In 3rd grade, I made little tiny dinosaurs... Which have since evolved into people with their own "found object" accessories.

I am another cheese wax artist in CA. Perhaps my cheese wax blog could provide some inspiration for your kiddo:-)

Peace,
Allison

October 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

January 20, 2010 at 3:26 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

My son has been doing this for the past year. In fact, I just created a Squidoo lens about it. I have added a link to your post. You can see it here:
http://www.squidoo.com/sculpting-with-cheesewax

October 14, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home