Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ribbit and Cupcake.

I was trying to think up a good title for this post. Then I realized you don't often see the words "ribbit" and "cupcake" in the same sentence, so that should be intriguing enough.

Or I could have just said "free patterns." Which is kinda like saying "free beer" in the knitting world, right?

Last post, I introduced you to Spud & Chloe. And amidst all of the fabulous things I love about this line, I left out something really crucial: Susan B. Anderson.

The author of the beloved book, "Itty Bitty Hats," is the genius behind the Spud & Chloe patterns like "Hoot." She also curates the Spud & Chloe blog, and she recently shared these two adorable free patterns.

"Cupcake Pincushion" uses one skein each of "Sweater" yarn in Ice Cream and Strawberry, plus a little dollop of Popsicle for the cherry.


"Ribbit" uses just one skein of Outer yarn.

And the tennis player (as well as mom) in me loves that Ribbit is stuffed with a tennis ball - so he literally "hops" when bounced!

Thanks, Susan...and happy knitting everyone!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home