Monday, September 21, 2009

A high-KAL post.

This post has zero calories, but is high in delicious fiber.

A little KAL (Knit Along) has popped up on the loopalicious group on Ravelry.com, and has lots of people playing along. Many of us (myself included) are KAL "virgins" so it should be fun, and low-pressure. We're doing the Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig. It uses tiny yarn on not-so-tiny needles to produce a super-light fabric.

I'm using the Alchemy Juniper sock yarn and am really loving the look.

As you can see, I just divided for the armholes. If you've ever done a top-down, you know this is a momentous occasion, as your number of stitches is instantly and dramatically diminished (in this case, from 324 to 176)and then it really feels like you're flying along (even on fingering-weight yarn)!

I'm keeping this project in my new Box Bag from RoseKnits, in an exclusive Loops fabric combo of black/white dot with "loops blue" zipper and lining. I love that I can carry this by its handle, or pop it into my handbag and know my project is protected from my evil carkeys.

While I was shooting photos, Lucy and Sandy became aware that I was outside, sitting on the ground, which of course is perceived as an open invitation to jump on me, and compete for the opportunity to lick and sniff me.



Fortunately, they found something in the yard that smelled even more interesting:

Meanwhile, Cassidy is making some nice progress on Klaralund, her first sweater, in Noro Silk Garden:

Here is what Cassidy had to say about her progress:
So, my Hubby, Matt has been away for the past ten days. He finally made it home last night from the beautiful Colorado Rockies and, let me tell you, I could not be more happy about it!

Life is a little bit difficult when you have a 1-year-old and 2-year-old to chase around.


However, despite lacking the other half of my mom-and-dad dynamic duo, I managed to cast on and begin my Klaralund. Something about this yarn has me feeling like a future Noro addict. It’s super-easy to knit, and the colors are just beautiful. Kind of like a Colorado sunset.

The Klaralund pattern gives you a lot of mindless knitting time. I like to work on mine while watching America’s Funniest Home Videos. It’s easy to follow and uses only a couple of different techniques, which is perfect for me because I have to put it down a lot to pull whatever my son has picked up off the floor out of his mouth!

So, now that Matt is back and helping me with the daily grind of munchkin-care/laundry/cooking I’ll be able to knock this thing out in no time! More to come soon! Cheers! - Cassidy

Want to join me or Cassidy in our KALs? Come by Loops, call or email and we'll help you find the perfect yarn!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Blogger cassidy ann said...

So, I know that Emerson is asleep in his picture- but don't let that fool you! This kid is a new walker and gets around fast!

September 21, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home