Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The 10 days of Easter?

Those of you who saw the Garnstudio/DROPS holiday calendar should be excited about this one. There's a new DROPS "advent" calendar for Easter! Not sure how this works into the liturgical calendar. But anyway, a new, free pattern opens up on the calendar each day - no peeking allowed. Click here to see the calendar.

And in this spirit, I'm introducing The Seven Days Of New Stuff. Spring things have been coming in so fast and furiously, I've been getting woefully behind (sort of like when my knitting projects pile up - what to do - blog? knit? blog? knit?). So each day for the next 7 days, I will offer up a glimpse of one of our new thingies, culminating on Day 8 with another Loops blog giveaway!

Day One Of New Stuff is...Comfort DK and Comfort Sock! Woo-woo, it's a two-fer. Meaning I will talk about two new things. NOT meaning you get 2-for-1. I have to watch you bargain hunters ;-)

Hot on the heels of the hugely successful Berroco Comfort comes two new gauges of this yummy, washable, dryable yarn. It's a mix of superfine acrylic and superfine nylon which is just about the only acrylic worthy of gracing the Loops shelves. It's also supersoft. And (although I don't like to use this word, but let's face it) supercheap.

Here are some cute patterns from the two new books:


And here are some...wait for it...Free Patterns, Cisco and Cecil,


That's all for today - look for Day Two Of New Stuff tomorrow. Unless I decide to knit instead.

- Shelley
find a great project fast at loopsknitting.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this may have just ended my knitting funk! Now all I need is a baby to stick under that hat:-) No, wait, Ellen would wear it!! -e

March 6, 2008 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger KnottyLady said...

The advent calendar reprimands you if you try to peek! Too funny!

March 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once got an Easter swat... my brother and I peeked at our Easter baskets before my parents were awake!!! That must've been before the patch was invented:-) -e

March 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Babette would work well with these new yarns!! I've been wanting to give that pattern a try.

March 6, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home