Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We now interrupt our regular programming.

I'm not the best Twitter tweeter in the world, but I do try to check my Twitter feed from time to time...and recently I ran across an adorable photo of a quilt made by Sarah, one of our longtime Loops customers. Seems Sarah has been holding out on us...I had no idea she was such as quiltmaster. This particular quilt had been made from a child's infant clothes - and I have been saving my kid's clothes for just such a "someday" project.

I don't quilt, but I thought I might learn someday. Then I opened a yarn store and, well, the rest is fiber history. But who could I possibly trust enough to hand them my children's keepsake clothing and let them take sharp scissors to them?

I trusted Sarah. And I am sooooo glad I did.

This is Sam's quilt, and my girls will also be getting one for Christmas. Shhhhhh this is a big surprise. Look, I even had the t-shirt the O.B. gave us when he was born:

Is it any wonder my macho hubby teared up when he saw this??? If you are interested in having Sarah make a quilt for you, get in line! Her waiting list is growing, but you can reach her here on Ravelry (search people for "sewsarah.") See, she even made her own little tag for the back:

And now back to our regularly scheduled yarning...I put all of the Rowan Cashsoft and Cashcotton on clearance today, 50% off. Scope out the clearance area - this deal is just in-store. There is also some Louisa Harding Castello, Berroco Love It, 100% cashmere, and tons of other goodies back there...plus loads of pattern books and magazines.

I spent the whole day re-organizing our stockroom. Thatsa lotta yarn! And it's all alphabetized in full OCD grandeur:

Found a couple things to put on sale in our online store: Berroco Mica is now 30% off, as is Debbie Bliss Eco Cotton. Get it while it lasts!

- Shelley

shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful keepsake.

September 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home