Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Happy Ending.

I feel like the Prince must have felt when he finally slipped the glass slipper onto Cinderella's foot.

After posting on the blog and in various Ravelry groups (including the Fayetteville, North Carolina group - you never know!), our friends in the Arkansas Ravelry Peeps group recognized the heroine of our Cinderella story. Her name is Taylor and her Ravelry photo even shows her wearing the magical hat:


It seems she is living a fairytale life in Fayetteville, Arkansas, with her own outdoorsy Prince Charming and her own little Princess, Stella:




What a cutie, right?!

But last weekend was decidedly not a happy one for Taylor. After she drove all the way to Tulsa and found that Loops was closed for inventory day, her day went from bad to worse. She emailed us the details:

"I have told so many people about you guys, but have never actually made it in to the store. My sister and I decided to drive to Tulsa and visit this very fashionable yarn shop. I planned to start a project for my little girl, Stella, and wanted to get yarn and a new pattern. Needless to say, I was so devastated when you were closed for inventory... I got in my car and cried!! So silly, I know. So we decided to go to the mall (yuck!) for some shopping therapy. On the way to the mall, my car started making a crazy sound. We pulled off the highway and realized, to my DISMAY, that I had ran over a bolt with a giant washer attached. ACk! So, my tire was ruined, and we didn't get any yarn. After the tire was fixed, we headed home. The GPS got us lost and we finally made it back to fayetteville at 10 pm (we had to drive about 50 mph on the donut) It was a crazy day, and I was pretty sure I would never go to Tulsa again!"


But wait...the story does have a happy ending. Taylor added:

"When I saw your blog post, it made me so happy, and touched that you remembered me. Thank you so much for being so nice about it when we were there! I just started a local Stitch & Bitch group and some of the girls have started projects from your store. Thank you for being a yarn shop with stylish and fabulous yarns and patterns. I will definitely have to try again sometime! I will double check to see if you are open first :)"


We are sending Taylor a Loops gift card and a Quiktrip gas card, so that she and her sister can come visit us again very soon! Thank you so much to SarahJoKnits on Ravelry for helping us find her. And, in case you would like to make our own "Cinderella Hat," here is the link to the free pattern. Taylor made it in Manos (just one skein of Malabrigo Worsted would do it) or to make it look like the pattern photo, try 2 skeins of Louisa Harding Grace Hand-Dyed.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy McWeasel said...

"We are sending Taylor a Loops gift card and a Quiktrip gas card, so that she and her sister can come visit us again very soon!" That is just the nicest thing! :)

January 28, 2010 at 7:03 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Thank you!! I have already talked to a friend about coming up there again. I want to make the baby back ribs skirt! Are there any classes on it, or a pattern I can buy?

January 28, 2010 at 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock!!! That's the way to run a business and treat customers1

January 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

Taylor, yes and yes! The fastest way to get the pattern is if you buy it as a ravelry download in the Loops ravelry pattern store here:
http://www.ravelry.com/stores/loops-a-yarn-store

And Terrie (the designer) is teaching a class on it next Saturday, Feb. 6 from 3-4:30pm. Although it is such a simple pattern, you may not need the class if you can already work in the round a do a simple pattern stitch.

The yarn, Alchemy Temple, is perfect for the project because it's a spring-y superwash that knits up very stretchy in the rib. I'm almost done with my skirt and i love it!!!

January 29, 2010 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger cassidy ann said...

This is the best story I've heard in a while.. I love warm fuzzies!!

January 29, 2010 at 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Very classy,LOOPS!!!!

January 29, 2010 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Brenda Finkle said...

I was so impressed with this Cinderella story I read it out loud to my family. All of us were so impressed. But, it's just the reason we drive to Tulsa to shop and spend time with our Loops friends. Kindness.

Taylor and friend - let us know when you visit next!

January 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home