Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Ravelympics finish line.

If this were the real Olympics, I might have been disqualified in the photo finish. But this is the Ravelympics, where anything goes! So you'll just have to take my word for it that I started this Gypsy Cardigan the 2nd day of the Olympics, and finished it on the last day, before the end of the closing ceremonies. Now I've finally gotten around to having Brent take a photo:


"Gypsy" is from Louisa Harding's book, "Cardigans," in black Kashmir Aran and Glisten. I just love the way the Glisten creates a beaded look when you use it for an edging. IMO the best part of the piece is the picot edging. You do this at the beginning of each section and then change to the Kashmir. Look ma, no crochet!


This is already becoming a staple in my wardrobe, a great alternative to a shawl, when I want to add a handknit touch to my outfit, without having to fuss with keeping it on my shoulders.

Also this week, we got a new batch of our award-winning t-shirts, this time in a flattering coral-pink for Spring:



The Stab shirt (also in black) won a Judge's Choice Awards last week at the Tulsa "Addy" Awards for excellence in advertising. The award was for "best unifying message to a large group." LOL! Shop all of our Loops Wear here.

The Spring yarns have continued to pour in this week. My favorite new arrival is the Giotto yarn from Colinette, one of our most popular yarns, in a new rainbow of "Dali" semi-solids. Impossible to get a photo that does these justice, but here goes:



I'm working on three different Hot Loops projects, but having a hard time keeping my hands off that Gold Giotto. A long Spring cowl is calling to me!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home