Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ribbon to the rescue.

I finished my Baby Back Ribs Skirt in Alchemy Temple, and I was so excited to wear it to work at Loops, along with my brown tights, rockin' boots that Brent got me for Christmas, and the perfect suede jacket which just happened to be hiding at the back of my closet.


This was such a fun, easy knit. The Temple yarn is heaven to work with - all the joys of a squooshy, spring-y merino with the surprise flecks of a true hand-paint. The vertical ribs really do great things for the female form!

I jetted around in this all day at Loops without a hitch. Then as I was leaving Utica Square, I decided to dash into Bruce G. Weber to have some earrings adjusted. They were some of their inexpensive promotional hoop earrings, so I was a little embarrassed to ask them to fix them, but I "manned" up and headed across the parking lot, summoning my confident look. Just as a car came up behind me, I detected a little too much breeze across my bum.

Sure enough, my skirt had gone low-rise. Reeeally low rise. Thank goodness for the brown tights! I hiked it back up, got my earrings fixed and headed straight to JoAnn's for some thin ribbon to thread through my skirt's waist - a little Ribbon Insurance for next time ;-)

Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com
P.S. I used just over 5 skeins of Alchemy Temple in colorway "Two Rock" for my skirt, and made it an inch longer than the pattern calls for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skirt turned out gorgeous! One of these days I'm going to be adventurous and try something that complicated. In the meantime, I stopped by Loops yesterday and picked up some of the new mink/cashmere yarn you showed me. I can't wait to try it! --Patti Bernius

February 4, 2010 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

Ha! Now that there's funny; I don't care who y'are!

Love the skirt!

February 4, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home