Monday, April 19, 2010

A PSA and a Mastercard commercial.

First, a Public Service Announcement: I sent out our mid-April Loops Scoop newsletter, and listed the wrong date for the upcoming STICKS South Tulsa Fiber Fest. It is Sunday, May 2, from 11am-5pm. There will be free class instruction (knitting, crochet, fair isle...), great fiber-y vendors, and a beautiful outdoor setting. Admission is FREE! Please go to the Fiber Fest Facebook event page for all the details, and RSVP. It will help remove some egg from my face. Thanks :)

Second, I just returned from New York City! It was my fourth trip in 4 years, but the first trip for my oldest, my youngest and my mom! I thought I would write my own little fantasy MasterCard commercial for you, featuring some of my favorite things that we did in the Big Apple. So here goes...

Incredible view from hotel window: $200 a night (in NYC, a bargain).


Sugar high from Dylan's Candy Bar (5,000 kinds of candy!), $54.


Addams Family tickets: free (long story, amazing show).


Breakfast at Stardust Cafe, where aspiring Broadway singer embarrassed son: $74.


Visit to Purl Soho (coincidentally, on the day of their big move!), including yarn and free bag: $32.


Window shopping, free:


Custom muppet from FAO for the middle child who stayed home, $130:



Great random photos: Free.



Brunch at Pastis where I caught mom checking out the waiter, $75.



Moments of peace between the oldest and youngest, and time spent with my mom: Priceless.




- Shelley

P.S. My favorite digital ad in Times Square, for American Eagle. I think we should all make this our personal slogan:

shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Blogger cassidy ann said...

Thank you for supplying enough pics for me to take a mini-mental-vacation! I heart New York!

April 20, 2010 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Brenda Finkle said...

Oh man, I'd love to go to NY. What a wonderful experience for the kids. Thanks for sharing. I'm with Cassidy Ann - great way to see it w/o being there. Fun!

April 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home