Friday, September 28, 2012

Shattered Sun Shawlette.

Today I'd like to introduce you to the next hot project on our Hot Loops wall for Fall - the Shattered Sun Shawlette in CashSilk Lace from Sweet Georgia Yarns.
I first fell for this yarn when I laid eyes on this model at market in Phoenix:


And then, I touched the yarn.  Game over!  Delicate, soft and ever so slightly glossy, this 2-ply laceweight is 45% cashmere, 55% silk, and one skein has 400 yards so a little goes a really, really long way.

"Quick, someone hand me a pen so I can write an order!" I said.

This half-pi shawl may look intimidating, but it's really only 2 rows to remember.  Plus, Sweet Georgia owner Felicia Lo has made a really nice little video introducing the basics on how to knit it.


Loops Troops member, Linda, made our Shattered Sun Shawl in this spectacular turquoise.


She signed up to knit it without feeling the yarn, and when I handed her the skein, it was like Christmas.  You should have seen her eyes light up!  Plus she loved making the pattern - said it was very well written.

Get your Shattered Sun Shawl Kit, including the one skein required plus pattern, by clicking here.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home