Monday, July 9, 2012

Effin hot.

Yes, it's hot in Tulsa right now.  Really, really, really, really, reallyreallyreally hot.

But you'll be glad to know that's not the subject of this post.

Instead, let's talk about the hottest (as in most popular) pattern at Loops right now:  Loretta's infamous Effin Scarf.  This is the scarf it took her years to perfect, though it is brilliantly simple in that it is essentially a one-row pattern.  It's also the scarf I kept bugging her about - "when are you going to have that cute pattern ready, Loretta?" And thus it earned its title when she charmingly replied, "Oh yeah, I've gotta get you that effin pattern."  In fact, this is kind of what she looked like when she said it.


On a whim, I asked our Loops Troops to bring any Effin Scarves they might have knit to our monthly employee meeting.  I knew it was popular...but I wasn't prepared for this:


And those, my friends, are just the ones Loretta has knit!

It seems everyone has gotten in on this Effin Scarf action. 

Cindy
Becky
Gina H.
Holly
Janet


Linda

Loretta - looking more friendly here :)
It's Pat!
Jane - who didn't have makeup on so made me promise to crop.
Sorry Jane - you're "outed" in the big group photo!



The thing about this pattern is, it works great with so many yarns.  Ideally it's a sock, DK or light worsted with some drape - linen, cotton, bamboo, silk, or component yarns work great.  Some of our favorites are Louet or Prism Euroflax Sport, Alchemy Tweedy or Silken Straw, Feza Alp Natural, and Taiyo Sock.

You'll find the Effin Scarf pattern in our online store and on ravelry.  Choose one of our many yarns and make it your own...like Lays potato chips, we betcha you can't stop at one!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new knitter, I love this scarf. I've made one for myself (Captiva) and two for my daughters (ripple). I've used 13" needles. Great for summer!

July 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Bluesky said...

i love it and will send a pic but i have never got the pattern to print right on my mac from ravelry, i have had to cut and paste it into a document and it prints very tiny. love it and love your column

July 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home