Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yarn moxie.

We debuted our Friend or Faux kits a couple weeks ago, and within a few days, I had to (desperately, pleadingly) order more yarn in the Mink colorway, which was the color featured on our site and in our store model.

It's a well known fact in our biz: Everyone always wants the model color. Yes, the Mink is spectacular, with its subtle brown and black shadings. But it's sister, the gray-toned Shadow colorway, is equally gorgeous. And with gray having been "the new black" for the past two years, I thought it would be the first to go. Wrong-o!

But get this. The very first customer to lay eyes on the Friend or Faux actually bucked convention. Janet was the first customer through the door that morning, and though she was initially drawn to the Mink, she saw the Shadow and thought, "I'll try something different." Over the next few days, as we watched the Mink kits fly out the door, I had an idea. I issued a challenge to Janet: Get your cowl knit up by next week and let me take a picture, and I'll give you a Loops gift card.

Thankfully, she rose to the challenge.


Would you look at that amazing shading?


Janet is full of what I call Yarn Moxie. She's willing to take a chance. To see what other color adventures might lurk around the corner. I love that!

Here's another example of Yarn Moxie. It's Pat - wearing the Anthro Inspired Wrap I first made in Three Irish Girls Springvale. Pat liked the purple I used, but for her, it had to be red, red, red! Pat is Moxie personified.


And here is Susan, who had seen the Summer Flies pattern made in lots of different yarns, but never this shimmering Blue Heron Rayon Metallic. And never in this shade, that perfectly complements her fiery red hair and peaches-and-cream complexion.



So I challenge you to get in touch with your inner Yarn Moxie. Because half the fun of making it, is making it your own.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com
P.S. Rayon Metallic is not available online, but we are happy to talk to you about all of our beautiful colorways when you call the store at 1-877-LOOPSOK.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rayon Metallic is exquisite!

January 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Shnitzy said...

Awesome!

January 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home