Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sorbet Ribbon Loop.

Sometimes you just need what I call a sorbet knitting project.  You know, a little something light to cleanse the palate between bigger courses. 

I just got three big projects off my plate.  This shawlette will be debuting soon as a new Loops exclusive kit:



And this top called "Nicole" was begun on our beach vacay, in Sublime Tussah Silk (pattern booklet and yarn both available here).


Miracle of miracles, I completed this Snowcloud Cardigan, begun for my sister last Christmas.  I used Tosh Vintage and it is equally gorgeous in Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted.



So yes, I needed a quick-and-easy project before I dive into my next big knitting adventure.  I was working at the Utica store and my eye kept coming back to our big basket of Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon.  I matched up a beautiful blue-and-silver with a ball of ubersoft Lang Estrella.


And wa to the la, a new cowl was born.  Just look what it does for a plain grey T.  Here's the "before":


And here are the "afters":




And now...here is the free pattern!
Sorbet Ribbon Cowl
1 skein Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon
1 ball Lang Estrella
Size 13 needles
Darning needle


Cast on 14 sts with Estrella.


Begin pattern:

Knit 4 rows in Estrella.

Switch to Sari and *K1, wrap yarn 2 times around needle* across row, ending K1.
Next row, knit across in Sari, dropping the extra wraps that aren't connected to a knit stitch.

Repeat this 6-row pattern 24 times.  Knit 4 rows in Estrella and cast off.  Cut 50 pieces of Sari, each about 12" long, and use a crochet hook to create fringe along one side of the cowl.  Use the darning needle to seam the ends of the scarf together, forming a loop.  That's it!
This Sorbet comes in many flavors.  Here are some other good color combos.

For the sophisticate:



 For the diva:






















For the party girl:
























 For the girly girl:

























Which one are you?  I've been known to be all of them :)

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.comwww.loopsknitting.com










2 Comments:

Anonymous Allie @ Fiesta Cat Yarn said...

I love the party girl colors! Thanks for sharing all your great photos, hard work & the before and after idea is fun too! :)

July 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Tammy said...

Loving your blog...just found you this morning! Super fun!

July 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home