Thursday, April 5, 2007

Shutter bug.

It really bugs me to have my picture taken. I'm sure I'm not alone. As a mom, you just get used to being the one behind the camera, the one missing from all the photos in the scrapbook you paste together.

People often ask why I don't "model" on our Hot Loops wall. The truth is, the first season they talked me into it, but no amount of Brent's PhotoShop work could make it easy to see myself on the wall every day!

Still, at the San Diego show, when Daren the computer guy was shocked to meet me because he expected me to be Ingrid ("her photo is on the blog so much, I figured it was you!" he said), I realized I couldn't hide forever. So I grudgingly added my photo to the blog and the site. And every now and then, when there's no one else available, I will throw on a sample and let someone take a pic. In this case, it was a little easier, 'cause I got to model this amazing wrap that Barbara just completed, in 5 or 6 new yarns from Louisa Harding:


This is a really fun and quick knit, and lends itself to creative mixing of yarns, since all the Louisa yarns are simliar gauges and color-coordinated.

Now that that's over with, I'll show you a sweater on the model I wish I could be (gotta love those proportions - "she" can even pull off the no-pants look):


This is a bell-sleeve sweater in Karabella Gossamer. It only takes 3 skeins and is super-simple! You can even skip the side ruffle and just seam it straight up the sides. You can see a sampling of our Gossamer colors here. There are lots more colors in-store, including some lovely spring greens and pinks.

By the way, the model in the link picture with the Gossamer wrap is Kendall - a NATURAL model - has even done a few professional modeling turns in her time. Check her out on the new Loops wall and you'll see why (but you won't see me ;-)

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I have to let you know, I know what you mean about having your picture taken. But I only wish I could look so cute. You really shouldn"t worry about it.
I am hoping to come and get some new yarn soon. Thanks for such a great store.
Nancy

April 10, 2007 at 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that shawl pin you are wearing! I feel you pain regarding the photographs, but you do look great! -e

April 14, 2007 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home