Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blog constipation.

Okay, I realize that is not exactly the most inviting post title, but it's exactly what's happened to me.

I'm backed up.

Too many pictures to show you, not enough time.

Loretta cautions me against blogging too often. (But Loretta, I've gotta believe that most of our dear readers are not as voracious as thee, since thou followist upwards of 30 blogs...) And anyway, I must purge these photos soon or the sheer volume of them is going to overwhelm my consciousness.

So, for the next five days, I'm going to blog every day. Brace yourselves. Today is the Louisa-fest.

First up is this photo of Sherry's newest original creation, the Louisa Harding 5-Yarn Shawl. She's offering a class in this shawl ("It's a Wrap," Friday 10/12, 4-5:30pm), which lets you choose 5 luscious Louisa yarns, and is self-fringing. Modeled by the lovely Kristin:

Linda was in yesterday (along with Pat - being plagued by short rows - hope you finished the top!), modeling this awesome sweater she just completed in Louisa's Flotsam. Awful name (didn't Louisa see "The Little Mermaid"? Flotsam and Jetsam were Ursula's nasty eel-ish pets) - but a great yarn:

We got a bunch of new Louisa yarns and books in, and I'm just drooling over the books, which were shot on location in Venice:


You can preview the designs here and here.
We got a rather huge shipment of new Louisa yarns, including Grace Silk & Wool, which I was told is the #1 selling Louisa yarn. It's a yummy blend of - duh - silk & wool with a great hand and subtle sheen:

We even got a sample sweater from the kind Knitting Fever gang:

Although I must admit, our mannequin pales in comparison to the model's pic from the book (Louisa's husband does the photography - the best of any line, in my opinion):

We also got Sari Ribbon, Glisten, Kashmir Aran & DK, and the new Castello in the new fall colors - I think they are her best yet. Can't get these photos to load, so you'll just have to come in and check them out yourself...
There - that is at least a little relief. More to come tomorrow!
- Shelley

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get back, Lorretta! I look here everyday for a new post. Entertain me! I think folks are more likely to check back more often if they know there will be something to see:)

Flotsam is also the title of the latest David Wiesner book. It's beautiful and thought provoking, and yes, it's in the childrens' section.

October 5, 2007 at 4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also check the blog every day...so bring on those customer pictures. It is always fun to see what beautiful things they've created.
:)
Gina Y
PS The book Venezia is awesome!~

October 5, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home