Tuesday, December 25, 2007

R.K.I.

At first, I thought the tennis had done it. My aching shoulder and pinched left elbow must be due to an overexuberant overhead, too much serving, or too many backhands. Then, I realized I hadn't played tennis in a couple of days, yet the pain had increased exponentially. I had to face the facts.

I had a Repetitive Knitting Injury (RKI).

Each day, I've been up at 4:30 or 5, (lovingly) cramming out gift after gift. Two sets of handwarmers, one shrug, two scarves, one American Doll sweater, two hats and one (yes, only one) glove had done me in.

I think the only cure may be a long soak in a hot tub. And maybe a massage. Don't we all deserve that? Not that I would think of taking a break from knitting. I'll pop some Advil and just keep on stitching. 'Cause after all that holiday knitting, I am fully justified in knitting something for me, me, me!!!

Soon I will work up a nice entry on how all the Christmas gifts were received. For now, I must say it's hard to imagine topping these gifts from my dad to my kids:

Now you all know from which parent I get my sense of humor.

Now, I'm going to go enjoy my one and only day off, and get ready for tomorrow's big sale. I'm sure you read your email from me earlier this week, but just in case...25-40% off every yarn in the store, plus 75% on clearance items (which will be restocked each day), 25% off kits and single patterns, and 10% off needles, hooks, notions and books. Great time to use those gift cards and the perfect time to pick out a nice big splurge project for you, you, you!!! See you then.

- Shelley
P.S. We will also have our first ever online sale, starting Wednesday. 25% off sitewide! Just click here to go to loopsknitting.com. Enter code "LOOPS" at checkout to receive your discount.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fish :) How did your kids like their presents?

December 25, 2007 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found that a margarita works way better than an Advil:-)

December 26, 2007 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, wine. No mixing that way. Of course, there is the small matter of getting the cork out of the bottle....

December 26, 2007 at 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband delivers the margaritas, but there is always a corkscrew in my knitty-ditty bag!!

December 27, 2007 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

The kids loved the fish (they figured out in about 3 minutes that they made great, fluffy weapons) and their knitted gifts, too. C. said she felt like a rockstar when she wore her alien scarf into Loops - she got so many comments!

December 28, 2007 at 4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home