Friday, November 30, 2007

37,440 minutes.

Yesterday, my mailbox was loaded with catalogs screaming "Last minute gifts!" Even the folks at knittingdaily.com were in on the pandemonium, with an email full of "last minute gift" ideas.

I have news for these people. IT'S NOT EVEN FREAKIN' DECEMBER! I counted, and I have 37,440 minutes until Christmas. I'm not even close to the last minute. I have so many dang minutes that I can easily finish the 14 projects I have left. Including the sweater for my mom I haven't started. Right?

And just to prove it, I think I'll throw in one more: One of the new felting kits we just got in from Pick Up Sticks. These foolproof kits are from the queen of felting, Maggie Pace. You remember the Sushi Wallets from our spring Hot Loops Wall? We got a bunch more, in red and also the coveted blue:

But since, acording to the powers that be, it is Last Minute Gift Season, I didn't stop there. We got the darling "snugs" kits for kids:

Two huggable hats kits:


A clutch kit and a coin purse kit (that makes 2-3 little coin wallets!)


And my favorite, the Plum Blossom Pillow Kit. I've been wanting to make this ever since we moved to our new house. It would look soooo good on our bed. We've had this as a single pattern for awhile, but now that we have a kit, I'm out of excuses!

Anyway, I'm figuring it should only take 5,000 minutes or so.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com
P.S. Loops gift cards now available online!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shellly: thanks for the reminder that we have plenty of time to get our work done... you crack me up! PSK

November 30, 2007 at 5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not last minute until 11:59 on Christmas Eve...which is usually when I'm finishing my projects. :)

Billie Anne

November 30, 2007 at 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was one Christmas I was so behind that Christmas morning I pulled out all the gifts I was working on--needles, yarns, and all and told my family that this was your yarn and it's supposed to be this and here's my other sister's yarn and it's going to be whatever. I didn't have one of them done. I had to tell each of them what to expect. Of course, I didn't have all these handy dandy last minute gift book ideas then. =)

November 30, 2007 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw those kits at the store today- way cool.

December 2, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home