Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Aw, shucks.

OK ya'll, I know I was pretty needy in my last post. But your comments made me feel sooooo good. I'll go back and refer to them often, especially on those days when I'm feeling overwhelmed or, you know, my darling daughter tells me something charming like the good 'ol "I hate you! I wish you were never born!" (Clearly, she has not thought through the ramifications of that statement on her own existence.)

But for today, my mood is "thumbs up, all the way!" thanks to you guys.

Yep, that's a WIP shot of my sister's Koigu gloves - just one thumb (oh, and another whole glove) to go. Thanks, Gina, for using your bazillion dollar camera to take these great pics.

Who says knitting isn't art? Next, here are some pics from the "Alex" jacket in Debbie Bliss Stella. This was a challenging cable but I obviously love a challenge, or I wouldn't have a yarn store. Yuk yuk.


Now, I saved the best for last.

Alchemy has this great Color Guru Scarf pattern that calls for their Synchronicity silk/wool. But Gina H., being the color renegade that she is, decided to try it in the gorgeous, self-striping Migrations, which is also wool/silk but has the added advantage of being more affordable. This pattern calls for 7 skeins - one of each color. It's available in our online store, and if you order the 7 skeins, I'll throw in the Color Guru pattern for free!

How's that for happy?

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

12 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Beautiful!:)

November 14, 2007 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Trishia Shaw said...

Wow - those are great photos! The gloves next to those brilliant pansies are a welcome sight to one in Wyoming where it looks like the dead of winter about now. And for the sweater - I'd say that looks like a challenge. Do you ever sleep?

November 14, 2007 at 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm..that koigu you used on the gloves would make very cool socks...
GY

November 14, 2007 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger JulieB said...

Hi,

My husband and I just had dinner with Ruth here in Salt Lake! We've talked about your store when we were both back in NC and she finally sent me to your website tonight. I'm an avid knitter and love having another great site to shop at online! Julie

November 14, 2007 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn ;) said...

Wow ~ whadda goofy grin! ;D Nice work my dear ~ hope to see ya again this weekend.

November 14, 2007 at 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S- ask me about my new camera bag. Yep, I knit it and it is art. It makes me happy:-)
e

November 15, 2007 at 3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley,
I didn't comment yesterday but was compelled to today over your "Alex" sweater. It is just too cute. I love it and just may have to do one myself but will have another color just in case we run into each other on the street or in Loops!
PattiO

November 15, 2007 at 5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I have to admit the Edison-green sweater turned out great. However, I thought it was my Christmas present -- or was that only on the condition that I move back to Tulsa ;-) I'll settle for the scarf as a stocking stuffer!
Besos from Madrid - S.

November 15, 2007 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

The sweater is great and you wear it well. Guess I will have to come in and take a look.

November 15, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the great pictures. I miss being able to come into the store, but it's always nice to be able to call or order online. I wish I could take the Fantine Jacket class! Gilda H.

November 16, 2007 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger evenellen said...

Love your shop, wish I lived closer. I also loved that you offer things on Sunday. After the new year, I will be coming down to partake of some.
evenellen from Independence, KS

November 17, 2007 at 5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a GORGEOUS sweater! WOW, I hope I can knit like you someday. Beautiful work!

I'm from Tulsa, OK (born & raised)... but live in Dallas, TX now :) I'd love to come visit your beautiful shop in Utica Square sometime. I love that part of town.

Take care and happy holidays ;)

November 25, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home