Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Darn pretty needles!

We ordered these months ago on a tip from Loretta. They are called Darn Pretty needles, they're made in Vermont and they live up to their name. We have them in sizes 1, 2 and 3...and my sister gave me a perfect excuse to try them out.

I (foolishly) asked what she would like knit for Christmas, and she said gloves. I was excited thinking I could make some cashmere fingerless mitts, and she said, "No, those are for hobos, I mean real GLOVES." (Really my sister is quite compassionate, but she was having a garage sale at the time and no one was coming, so she was in a sour mood.) Anyway that meant size 1 needles, lots of patience and my first time to use Koigu KPPPM. It is so yummy, and the needles so beautiful, it is actually turning out to be some nice knitting. Of course, I'm not to the fingers yet.

These are from a Mac & Me pattern. Another plus.

I have a feeling that by the time they're done, I'm going to be saving a special finger just for my sister.

Only kidding. Ho ho ho.
- Shelley

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly, Shelly, Shelly, your sense of humor causes me to laugh... You are one funny chick! The knitting looks fabulous... enjoy

PSK

October 31, 2007 at 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 2, 2007 at 1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly, Kristen, Kirsten, et al,
My husband, once again, has lowered the boom.
He has stated (as only single-wage earner husbands can), that we are yet again NOT retiring to our 20 acres in the Ozarks.
I would say I could just scream, but I think I used that one back in 1998.
What should I do? Any advice from you, our illustrious leader, or from readers of your blog, here, would be most appreciated - please?
I am * at yahoo,
Thanks

PS: May I borrow that special finger for hubby, when you're done with it? *~*

PPS: I used to remind my children, decades ago when the situation warranted it, that "some mothers eat their young" ... you could imagine their little minds mulling that over. HA

November 19, 2007 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home