Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who says?

So I got this great new red, red coat with a stand-up collar at Pavilion (under $100!). I wanted to make the "basic hat & scarf" set from Melissa Leapman's book, "Cables Untangled," and I wanted to use the yarn it called for - Kashmir, a yummy blend of cashmere and silk. And I wanted...pink! Ingrid was horror-struck. Everyone said that pink and red are a huge no-no except on Valentine's Day. But I said..."Who says?"

Not usually a hat girl - but I love how this one fits. Love it much more than having my picture taken, actually.

Now, in case my red-and-pink drama is not enough to enthrall you, here are some new things we've gotten into the store in the last few days. First, Baby Twist from Alpaca with a Twist - a DK alpaca with 549 yards per hank!

Also Highlander, an alpaca/merino in gorgeous tweeds - softest tweeds you've ever felt, and a good worsted weight:

We got our fall order of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, including some new colors - Blackwatch and Sassy Stripe:

We also got books, including "Itty Bitty Nursery" (follow up to "Itty Bitty Hats"), and new book from Rowan, "Knitting for Him" - great guy patterns for those of you have the patience to knit for your man!!!
- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Lorna's Laces sock yarn!!!

October 18, 2007 at 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's that girl? Anyone else think pic #2 is actually Christina Applegate??

October 19, 2007 at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home