Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meet Kri - I mean, KIRsten.

Meet Kirsten, the newest Loops Troops member. No, that's not a typo and this isn't a repeat of a really old post (no writer's strike here!). Yes, we already have a KRIsten, who is blonde and sweet and talented. And now we also have a KIRsten, who is blonde and sweet and talented. And Danish.

Now, we know you people can keep track of this. After all, you keep track of complex patters and yarns in your stash (well sort of). If you can tell a Ktog from a K2tog, you can tell Kristin and Kirsten apart.

Here are some more hints to help you remember KIRsten. She graduated from the Danish Handcraft Guild, which is like, getting a mega-advanced COLLEGE DEGREE in knitting. Prior to having kiddos, she used to have her own business designing and selling wedding gowns. She has knitted since she was 6 and has a lovely accent (watch out, Ingrid!;-). The samples she brought in to show me were TDF and would put Hanne Falkenberg to shame. Yes, she knitted what she is wearing in the picture. And according to her application, she "loves to help people out with knitting problems."

So, I wondered, should I hire her? In the words of my 6-year-old, "Duh!" Kirsten will be training this month, stocking in the early mornings, and you will start to see her on the floor in December. Also she will be teaching classes soon.

And here is one more trick to help you remember her. My daughter's newest American Girl doll is Kirsten, the helpful girl who immigrates to America from Sweden:


Welcome! :)

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley, let your daughter know that Kirsten was one of my favorite American dolls! I loved her so much! Can't wait to meet Kirsten from the store!

November 18, 2007 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

A big welcome to Kirsten! and what a beautiful sweater!

November 18, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten told me she knit the fair isle sweater she is wearing without steeks. In other words, flat. Purling back in fair isle?!? Holy moly! I can't wait to sign up for whatever she'll be teaching!

November 18, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

That sweater is absolutely beautiful. I look forward to meeting you Kirsten!:)

November 18, 2007 at 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome, Kirsten. Good to have you at Loops. Gina Marie

November 18, 2007 at 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten,
Welcome to Loops!! I'm going to be like a little sponge learning lots of new things from you. I love fair isle and was truly impressed with the samples you brought to the store :) Gina Y.

November 18, 2007 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Hi Shelley!
I visited your shop last Christmas - sale! I flew in from Denver to visit relatives and found you on a great day! If you have any Collinette Tagaletelli(sp?) in Toscana or blue jay, please hold it for me!!! I will call you tommorrow to pay you!!! Well, hopefully, or see what you do have!!!!

November 18, 2007 at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home